Tuesday, June 25, 2019

London

When I got to my hotel that I'd booked over the Internet I was surprised to find an English pub, the Prince Arther. It was right next to the Euston train station I was leaving from to Liverpool the next day. I had come in to London St.Pancras Station. I went in and learned that I was in the right place.  

The bar was also the reception desk and the bar tender the hotel clerk. However, I couldn't check in until 3:00 pm, an hour away. So I had a beer while waiting. British beer is not very good. I'd been spoil led by several great beers around the world, especially the Australian beers. 

The pub was exactly like you would imagine one.  It was dark with dark wood paneling and cabinetry and small area lighting with dim light bulbs.  It was quite and there were even a couple of older gentlemen in tweed jackets, a pipe and handlebar mustaches slowly enjoying a pint. 

Once I checked in and paid for my beer at the same time, I was led behind the bar to a back stairway. My room was right above the pub overlooking the street. It was a nice little room with a space heater, which was needed.  I shared a bath with four other rooms. But, oddly it had a full kitchen.

I went downstairs for dinner and had some fine fish and chips. They even knew to bring the malt vinegar. I ordered an Italian beer though.

I wasn't able to see much of London but, I did meet some people including a couple of local cops. I left the next day from Euston Station to Liverpool.  The most I saw of London was a walk around and then the countryside from the train.


View from my room.

British beer not very good.







The kitchen in my room but, no restroom.


The fish and chips were excellent. The green stuff is smashed peas. Good Italian beer this time.




No comments:

Post a Comment