Monday, June 24, 2019

British Transport Police


Once I got to London on the train at St. Pancras International Railway Station, I looked up the railway police office.  I met Joyce, a retired police officer who worked in the station's police office. She'll retire again next year.  She was delighted with my visit.  She grabbed one of the on-duty officers, Adam.

We had a nice long conversation. Their main issues are fights.  They have very little violent or firearm related crimes. There are thefts and pick-pockets at the station and burglaries and vandalism out on the rail lines.

It was a very friendly meeting as you can probably see from Adam's face. We had a lot of questions of each other. I gave he and Joyce a Union Pacific Police Department patch which they appreciated.  Adam took his own police patch off his uniform and gave it to me.

I finally let them get back to work and walked over to my hotel for the night and had a beer at a pub.






No comments:

Post a Comment