Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Pago Pago

Back in the USA, American Somoa.  The police station was just off the pier where my ship docked.  It was a great bunch of officers,  I met the Deputy Director and got a tour of the entire operation, talking to everyone in English for a change. I found it funny that they had an FBI man in earlier in the week. I won't say how they felt about his visit but, it is the same as we felt about them most times. I doubt an agent is going to magically uncover information that the local officers who speak Samoan and French as well as English had already obtained.

Their biggest problem is Meth.  Most of it is flown in. You'd think it would be easier to intercept on an island but, there are a million different ways with everything shipped in.




Their Fallen Officers.

I didn't take the $109 tour from the ship out to the beachs like most of the passengers.  I took the local bus out to 2$ Beach.  It was $5.  Also, the cost to swim at the $2 Beach was $5.  Inflation, I guess.


My new nickname is $2 Beach.





The tide was out at $2 Beach but, you can see it's a pretty good one - when the water is in.  It did have a house right on the beach that I'd love to live in (above) By the way, all the burial plots or crips are in the front yards here.



This is the "bus" I rode out on.  They are all like this - a small pick-up chassis and a hand-made wooden coach body with plexiglass windows.

There were so many great pictures I just couldn't put them all on here but, here are quite a few.

















1 comment: