Saturday, December 1, 2018

My new "World Dulcimer."

I just picked out my "World Dulcimer" at The Dulcimer Shoppe in Mountain View.  This is the dulcimer that is going all away around the world with me in 2019.

This is Jim Woods, the owner, who is sponsoring me, musically on this trip with this mountain dulcimer. I will be playing this dulcimer with local musicians from different cultures, musical traditions and eastern notation structures.

He is doing some customization work on it for me now and will have it ready next week, so I can play it some and get used to it between now and January when I leave.

I name my dulcimers. My main dulcimer is "Melinda" and she has been with me across the United States including some train trips on Union Pacific business cars.

Here is where I could use some help.  What should I name my new dulcimer?

I'm looking for a nice name that in some way ties into this trip around the world. I would appreciate any suggestions you might have. Whatever name I choose I will give the person who came up with it one of my soon to be printed "Beach World Tour 2019" concert tour shirts. Reply here or on Facebook where this post will also listed.     

Also, to see the full line of some of the finest dulcimers in the world go to https://mcspaddendulcimers.com/


2 comments: